• NemID is built on a two factor solution: something you remember (username and password) and something you have (single-use code accessible on a key card or number display)
• In order to abuse your NemID, an IT criminal would have to get hold of your password and your keycard. This is why NemID is much better at protecting against thieves and hackers than many other solutions, because you are not only protected by a password.
• Crime is constantly changing and security around NemID adapts to these developments.
• The two factor solution gives good and constant protection. In addition, additional security surrounding NemID is constantly monitored and developed.
• As with other digital solutions, there is a risk of failure i.e. with system updates.
NemID has been updated with new services, which ensure that NemID can withstand different kinds of attacks against the central solution. However, solutions that will reduce the effect of phishing attacks against NemID users have also been implemented.
There are procedures that ensure that authorities can quickly intervene so that abuse can be reduced as much as possible, if hackers are successful in tricking users out of their NemID information.